Your pleasure and pleasure products deserve the upmost attention and care so here are twenty fast top tips to keep your sex toys in great shape- meaning they stay safe to use and will last you as long as possible!
1. Use a dedicated sex toy cleaner and follow instructions carefully - check out this easy to use spray - The loving Joy Toy cleaner for £5.99 , simply spray , wait and rinse!
2. Before cleaning, inspect your toys for any rips, tears, of discoloration - even the smallest tears mean its time to send your toy to the bin and time to treat yourself to some new toys!
3. Use lukewarm water and mild, non-abrasive soap for a basic cleaning- however if you are cleaning any porous material toys such as Jelly , always use anti bacterial soap and a dedicated toy cleaner if possible.
4. Pat dry with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
5. Store toys in a clean, dry place
6. Disinfect toys after each use with a specialized disinfectant.
7. Avoid using any harsh soaps that could irritate skin
8. For non-motorized toys, soak in distilled water or dilute bleach solution- this is a very hard cleaning routine and only really recommended for sex furniture .
9. When in doubt, consult the product’s instructions or contact the manufacturer
10. Avoid using household cleaners or detergents as they may damage surfaces of toys- and can irritate your skin!
11. Rinse toys thoroughly to avoid a soapy residue.
12. If possible, boil non-porous sex toys for deeper cleaning- such as metal
13. To prevent damage, avoid submerging motorized toys in water- anything that is battery operated or does not state that it is waterproof
14. Separate soft and hard toy materials for cleaning
15. Invest in a toy pouch or toy box to prevent lint, dust, and bacteria from gathering on toys
16. Let toys air dry before use and storage - sometimes this can be preferable over lint free cloths and paper towels depending on the material
17. Use condoms when changing toy users to protect both parties
18. Use a fresh, new condom each time toys are used by new partners
19. Its always a good idea to clean toys before use if they havnt been cleaned recently
20. Check batteries and cords on motorized toys for signs of wear and tear!
Enjoy , and remember - your pleasure is a priority!